The fact is that, if you are an overweight woman, you have to lose weight in order to protect yourself from the damage caused to your body due to excess body weight. Also, when you lose some weight, it can make you more confident and you will look more beautiful than ever. When the dieting is done correctly it is bound to work and that too, without any side effects. The things that are important for dieting include, what to be eaten, what not to be eaten, and of course when to be eaten.
Healthy Diet Tips
In this section, all those healthy foods have been talked about, that can provide required nutrition to the body without adding any excess calories. Also, certain food items have been mentioned, which can lead to weight gain and hence, should be strictly avoided during your weight loss program.
Fresh Fruits: They have high nutritional values and are rich in vitamins and minerals that can improve the metabolic process of your body and provide energy for a long time. Although these fruits contain sugar, it does not add up to your body weight. This is because the sugar present in the fruits acts differently in the body in comparison to other forms of sugars.
Vegetables: Vegetables also have rich nutritional content that is essential for women. Vegetables like carrots, tomatoes, celery, lettuce, and other leafy vegetables contain lesser calories but higher nutritional value. You can eat them raw as salads or even in the cooked form.
Cereals: Whole grains are better in terms of both flavor as well as nutrition. Therefore, eat whole grain cereals, like, brown rice or buckwheat instead of white rice or any other processed grain foods. Whole grains are also rich in fiber, which is extremely important for a smooth process of digestion.
Protein: Protein is also very important for proper functioning of the entire body. Therefore, high protein foods, like, steaks and beans should be included in the daily diet. Instead of red meat, which has saturated fat, one should opt for poultry without skin, which will supply essential proteins to the body.
Dairy Products: Dairy foods are rich in calcium and vitamin D. If you eliminate dairy products completely from the diet, you may end up with deficiency of these essential ingredients in your body. Therefore it is advisable to eat dairy foods, like, milk, yogurt, etc., that are low in fat content.
Water: The most vital diet tip is that if you wish to lose weight fast, you have to drink plenty of water. Water flushes out all the toxins from our body and cleanses the system, which in turn, keeps you healthy.
Foods To be Excluded: Any processed high-carb foods have a tendency to slow down the process of weight loss. So when you are trying to lose weight, then you should stay away from foods like white rice, white breads, and pasta. Refined sugars are also exceptionally bad and often prevent weight loss. You should keep your hands away from all those foods and drinks, which contain refined sugars. Eliminate any kind of saturated fats from your diet. Cheese, butter, margarine, salad dressings, ice creams, etc., are all rich in saturated fats and hence you cannot afford to have them when you are on a weight loss program. If you want some oil to be used in your food, opt for unsaturated oils like olive oil. Most importantly, do not take carbs and fat together as both are rich in calories.
Tips for Diet Plans
Here are some tips, which will help you prepare your weight loss plans in such a way that you will be able to lose maximum weight in a short span of time:
- If you perform workouts in the morning, you should do it with an empty stomach, to get maximum benefits. Of course, you should drink some water before starting the workout.
- Never skip the breakfast no matter how busy schedule you have. This is one of the most useful diet tips that works invariably. Start your day with a healthy breakfast containing fruits and fiber rich cereals. It will keep your energy levels high and control body weight.
- Keep six meals of small proportions every day. There should be a gap of two hours between the meals. Eating more number of meals will help you in losing extra fat as a large amount of calories are burned out in the process of digestion.
- The quantity of each meal should not be the same. Rather, your breakfast should be the heaviest meal and as the day proceeds you have to make your meals lighter with the dinner being the lightest meal of all.
- Avoid eating anything for at least two hours before bedtime. This is because, while sleeping very less amount of calories are burned. So if you sleep soon after having your dinner all the calories will get stored up inside the body in the form of fat.
Set some small achievable goals for yourself when you are trying to lose weight. If you expect too much from your diet program, then you may feel disappointed with the results and may feel like quitting the diet midway. Always have a realistic goal and try to achieve it with the help of above tips.