There are many fun and healthy snack recipes that we can make use of, to whip up some wonderful, tasty snacks for ourselves. People are becoming more and more health conscious with each passing day. Snacking between meals has become a regular habit and everyone is looking for a healthy option for snacking.
Healthy, Homemade Snack Recipes
Here are some quick healthy snacks recipes that do not require elaborate preparation methods, and consist of a small list of ingredients.
Healthy Veggie Sandwich
Ingredients for the Sandwich Dip
- Low-fat cottage cheese, ½ cup
- Lemon pepper, ¼ teaspoon
- Baby carrots (finely chopped), ½ cup
- Snow peas, ½ cup
- Combine the cottage cheese and lemon pepper; add the carrots and snow peas to the cottage cheese mixture and your dip is ready to be served.
- Avocado (ripe, sliced), 1
- Lemon juice, ½ teaspoon
- Black pepper (cracked), ⅛ teaspoon
- Whole-wheat bread, 2 slices
- Smoked salmon (thinly sliced), 2 ounces
- Cucumber, 12 slices
- Put the lemon juice, pepper, and the prepared vegetable dip, in a bowl and stir well.
- Spread a thin layer of the vegetable dip on a single bread slice and top it with the sliced salmon, along with avocado and cucumber.
- Place another slice of bread on top of this and your sandwich is ready to be savored.
Eggs with Crab
- Hard-boiled eggs (cooled and peeled), 6
- Crab meat (finely chopped), ¼ cup
- Red pepper (finely chopped), 2 tablespoons
- Green onion (finely chopped), 2 tablespoons
- Fat-free mayonnaise, 2 tablespoons
- Dijon mustard, 2 teaspoons
- Ground nutmeg, 2 pinches
- Dried parsley, ½ teaspoon
- A dash of black pepper
- Cut the eggs into half, lengthwise, and remove the yolks.
- Take egg yolks of only three of the eggs and crumble them.
- Now, add the crab meat, red pepper, green onion, mayonnaise, mustard, nutmeg, and parsley, to the crumbled yolks and mix well.
- Add the dash of pepper to taste.
- Spoon the mixture into the hollow egg halves and serve.
Healthy Snack Recipes for Kids
Children often eat unhealthy food, and for a health-conscious mother it can become a taxing job to feed her children nutritious meals. However, here are some wholesome recipes, that will become a hit with your children, where they will not turn towards unhealthy snacks. At the same time, these are also a hit with adults.
- Sugar, 2 tablespoons
- Ground cinnamon, 1 tablespoon
- Apples (thinly sliced), 4
- To make the chips as crispy as the ones we get in the market, slice them as thin as possible. They do not necessarily have to be round in shape.
- Preheat the oven to 250 °F, while you prepare the apples.
- In a bowl, mix the sugar and cinnamon well.
- Add apple slices to the mixture and toss, so that both sides of the apples are well coated.
- Now, line two baking trays with parchment paper and scatter the apples in a single layer.
- Transfer the baking tray to the oven and let the apples bake till they turn light brown in color and slightly crisp.
- Strawberries (hulled), 1 quart
- Banana (sliced), 1
- Peaches, 2
- Orange-peach-mango juice, 1 cup
- Ice, 2 cups
- In a blender, blend the strawberries, banana, and peaches, till the fruits are pureed.
- Now, add the juice and blend well, again.
- Lastly, add the ice and blend to a desired consistency, pour, and serve the smoothie.