Apart from going to the gym during the week, or over the weekend, you can indulge in some exhilarating fitness activities that can provide results. If you want more rigorous exercises, then take a look at the following outdoor activities.
A fantastic workout, it ensures an overall fitness without having you realize that it is doing good to your body. Cycling is the most effective form of exercises, as it helps shed those extra calories and give you firm abs. For every hour of cycling, you burn about 500 to 700 calories per hour, depending on the speed and terrain you choose.
- An aerobic exercise which gives your heart, blood vessels, and lungs excellent workout, and reduces the risk of heart issues.
- It’s one of the best ways to work your thighs as it trims and tones the upper thighs, hamstrings, and calf muscles.
- Regularly going for a ride helps relieve stress, anxiety, and depression.
- For those who wish to reduce weight, cycling can be very beneficial, as it reduces waistline and excess fat.
- Cycling builds your stamina, and helps you carry out daily activities with ease.
Kayaking may seem difficult, but can actually be learned in few days. It is not just a hobby anymore as kayaking has many health and fitness benefits. You can relax, enjoy a fun social sport and have a great workout all in one. Involve your family and friends along with you, and spend a few hours enjoying some time together. For every hour of kayaking, you burn about 400 or more calories per hour.
- Kayaking reduces stress levels, as it facilitates you into breathing fresh air (rather than stuffed gym environment).
- Depending on how fast you paddle, you can actually add kayaking into your weight loss program (400 calories per hour).
- You build great amounts of muscle strength in your arms, chest, abdomen, and shoulders.
- As a sport, kayaking requires your body to be flexible, which in turn helps you get a great aerobic exercise.
Another physical activity which can be considered as one of the best exercises is tennis. It benefits both body and mind, which gives tennis an edge over all other physical activities. You can grab a friend for a fun game of tennis over the weekend, and sculpt your entire body. For every hour of tennis, you burn about 544 calories per hour.
- Instead of using tennis as a recreational sport, go for a more cardiovascular approach, as it reduces the risk of heart problems.
- Trims and tones your arms, shoulders, back and abdominal muscles like a pro.
- As tennis works, many muscle groups in your body all at the same time, it helps improve overall balance, dexterity, and agility.
- Tennis helps lower body fat and cholesterol, as it reduces stress levels.
The main idea behind these exercises is to provide you with fresh air. When the weather is great outside, why spend your time stuck in a stuffy gym to exercise. Instead, get your friends and family along with you and have some fun while shedding calories, staying motivated, and building a firm, toned body.