There are a number of methods for weight loss, such as medications, exercise, diet, and surgeries such as liposuction. A change in diet is one of the effective ways to lose weight. There are certain low calorie foods, which help lose excess body weight in a healthy and nutritious way. Generally, this kind of diet includes negative calorie foods, such as fruits, vegetables, raw food, cereals, etc. This article provides you with a list of foods to eat to lose weight.
What to Avoid?
When you adopt a weight loss plan, you should avoid high calorie foods. You need to avoid the foods containing high fats, such as ice cream, cookies, cakes, cheese, whole milk, cream, fried foods, or meat. You should also skip the foods containing higher amounts of sugar, such as desserts.
What to Eat?
Some changes in daily diet helps lose weight effectively. You should add fresh vegetables and fruits in your diet. Try to consume them in their raw form as much as possible. They not only help lose weight, but also offer several health benefits. They provide vitamins, minerals, enzymes, and phytochemicals that are essential for the healthy growth of the body. Have vegetable or fruit juice before each meal. It reduces your appetite, and in turn, helps lose weight. Eat more whole grain products that contain a higher amount of fibers.
The best foods for weight loss are fresh natural food, nutritionally dense, high in fiber, low in fat and calories, low in sodium and refined sugars. They also consist of higher amounts of complex carbohydrates, fibers, high quality proteins, and high water content. Some of the best foods are:
- Baked potato
- Whole grain meals
- Wholemeal pasta
- Boiled brown rice
- Baked potato
- Fresh fish
You can also go for negative calorie foods. More calories are required to digest them. There are several fruits and vegetables that possess negative calorie effects. Some of the excellent options are:
Here is a list of foods, which help you fight obesity:
- Salads: You can have salads made from beetroot, tomato, capsicum, cucumber, cabbage, lettuce, or carrot. Make it your staple diet. You can use lemon or yogurt as a dressing to add more taste. Sandwiches containing raw vegetables are also good. But avoid using a butter-spread while making the sandwich.
- Sprouted pulses: Sprouted pulses are rich in fibers and vitamins. They are excellent for slimming, if eaten raw. If you steam the pulses, they become more palatable.
- Potatoes: Potatoes are considered as weight gaining food. It’s true, if you consume them in fried forms. But boiled or baked potatoes are helpful for weight loss. Potatoes consist of only 97 calories/100 gram.
- Grapes: Though grapes contain high amounts of sugar, they can effectively help lose weight. Grapes contain only 70 calories/100 gram.
- High fiber cereals: Foods prepared from high fiber cereals, such as rice, wheat, corn, millet, oats, rye, and buckwheat are useful for a significant weight loss.
- Oranges: Orange is an excellent fruit for weight loss. It consists of only 48 calories. 200 ml of orange juice contains about 115 calories.
- Yogurt: It is advised to consume the yogurt made from skimmed milk, which contains only 56 calories. It is also a good source of calcium, proteins, and vitamins.
You can adopt different types of diets such as Atkins diet, low-carb diet, high-protein diet, etc., and include the above-mentioned foods in your diet plan to gain maximum benefits. All the best with your endeavor!