Everybody desires a flat stomach; however, not everybody is gifted with a perfect body. Our lifestyle, eating habits, and busy schedule don’t permit us much time to give for the body. And the result of not being in any fitness activity is a spare tire, or a pot belly. Many people first tend to put on fat on their stomach region, when they start gaining weight. But, the good news is, with some effective ab exercises, you can easily get rid of the stomach fat. To get rid of your stomach fat, you need to concentrate on two things, first comes your diet, second is exercising which includes cardio and target exercises. Given below, are the 2 of the best cardio exercises and three of the best strength-training exercises that will help you lose stomach fat fast.
Stomach Exercises for Women and Men
Cardio workout helps you get rid of overall body fat, which means you will be losing weight from the stomach and waist region too. The best cardio exercises are jump rope workouts and swimming. These exercises help burn an amazing number of calories. Jump rope workout helps burn more calories than running, and swimming is perfect for those who can’t do high impact workout.
Jump Rope Workout
This is the best cardio fat burning exercise. All you need is a jump rope and some floor space, and you are good to go. So, just get a quality jump rope, and do skipping for 10-15 minutes everyday. Firstly, start with 200 jumps then progress slowly to 500 or more.
Swimming is a 3 in 1 workout. Firstly, a session of swimming for half an hour can help you burn amazing number of calories. Then secondly, it helps build lean muscles, and thirdly it will greatly improve your flexibility.
Doing two of the best cardio exercises will definitely get you on the right path to lose stomach fat. The following exercises, if combined with the above two activities will result in quicker fat loss at the same time the fat loss will last longer too.
Stomach Toning Exercise #1 (Bicycle Crunches)
This exercise is little difficult to perform, but it helps tone the abs greatly.
- To perform this abdominal exercises, lie down on a mat, facing the ceiling.
- Then lace your fingers behind your head, and get your knees near the torso.
- Gradually lift your shoulder off, without pulling on the neck.
- Now, at the same time bring your right elbow near your left knee, and straighten your right leg.
- Then switch sides, and repeat.
- Perform 10 reps, as you gather stamina, do 2-3 sets.
Stomach Toning Exercise #2 (Vacuum Pose Exercise)
This is an excellent fat burning exercise, which can be done anywhere, anytime.
- To do this exercise, breathe in and try to suck in your belly, from the belly-button region, not from the upper body.
- Keep sucking in, till you feel as if it is almost touching your spine.
- Then, hold for 10-30 seconds, and slowly release and exhale.
- Perform this exercise for 5 minutes.
- These lower stomach exercises, when performed regularly will give great results.
Stomach Toning Exercise #3 (Waist Turns)
This love handle exercise helps to lose love handles.
- To perform this workout, use a bar.
- Place the bar between your shoulders and throw your arms over it for balance.
- Then, position your feet at shoulder width, with back straight.
- Keep looking straight, then rotate your torso towards right.
- Then come back to starting position.
- Now, slowly rotate the torso towards left, again come back to starting position.
- You have done one repetition.
- Perform around 50 repetitions and 2 sets.
Apart from the workout, make sure you follow a healthy diet, which includes natural metabolism boosters. High-fiber raw fruits and vegetables are best. Also, drinking green tea 3-4 times a day will help. Make sure you drink plenty of water to keep your body hydrated. So, follow the aforementioned exercises and healthy diet, and get rid of the belly fat.