Nowadays, people are looking for instant ways to reduce weight. Obesity or being overweight is one of the major reasons why people opt for weight loss plans or regimes that offer quick results. Obesity not only hampers a person’s appearance and confidence, but is also one of the biggest causes of various health problems, like, high blood pressure, diabetes, strokes, etc. A low calorie diet and regular exercise are the two most obvious things that come to our minds when we think about losing weight. Since both require time and dedication, here are some diets that will serve you in losing weight without making any special effort.
With the Internet flooded with information about different weight loss diets, it becomes extremely difficult to know which diet is most effective and will suit your lifestyle. Though all diets emphasize on consuming low-calorie food, one should always keep in mind that whichever diet you follow, it should be a balanced diet and also, rich in nutrients. Following are some commonly known diets for obtaining quicker weight loss results:
- Atkins Diet: It is a low-carb, high-protein diet that completely discourages the intake of processed, pre-packaged, and junk foods. According to the diet, the body’s carbohydrate intake should be less than 40 grams per day. This will lead to a bodily process called ketosis, which affects the insulin production, burns fat, and prevents fat formation in the body.
- 90/10 Diet: It is a diet plan in which you should eat a healthy diet 90 percent of the time and ‘fun food’ 10 percent of the time. According to the 90/10 diet, sometimes you should have your favorite foods, like, chocolates, cakes, etc., as you will feel less deprived and will be able to stick to the healthy changes for rest of the time. Once you get used to controlling and monitoring your calories, you’ll be able to customize your meals as per your preferences as long as you stay within your calorie allowance.
- Nutri/System Nourish: This diet plan is rich in carbohydrates, but low in fat and includes foods that are ready to eat, can be prepared either in the microwave, or just by adding boiling water. Following the diet reduces at least 1 to 2 pounds in a week, which is a healthy rate of weight loss.
- Zone Diet: This diet emphasizes on following a balanced diet having the correct ratio of carbohydrates, fats and proteins. According to the diet plan, the food you eat should comprise 40% daily calorie intake in the form of carbohydrates, 30% protein, and 30% fat.
- Weight Watcher: It is one of the most successful and popular weight loss programs. It requires you to limit the food and beverage intake as per your fat, calories, and fiber allowance. On an average, you can expect to lose at least 1 or 2 pounds per week and sometimes even more.
- South Beach Diet: It is one of the most popular diet plans, based on the Glycemic Index that ranks the food according to their glycemic load. The diet focuses on a good balance between carbs and fats that enable you to metabolize your food more efficiently and improve insulin resistance while leading to weight loss.
These diets will surely help you to achieve the seemingly difficult task of weight loss. So, as per your weight and body structure, choose any diet that will benefit you the most. But don’t forget to exercise regularly, as it is equally helpful in losing weight and maintaining a healthy and fit body.