We all dream of getting rid of unsightly belly fat and having a well-toned body, but how can you make that happen? Well, one needs to follow a healthy diet and an exercise regimen. Here are some exercises that you could perform to get rid of abdominal fat.
- Lie down on the floor. Slowly bend your knees, and place your hands below your head.
- Try to raise your upper body, while keeping the lower back straight.
- Remain in this position for a few seconds.
- To get good results for your abs, you should ideally repeat this ten to twelve times in three sets.
Swiss Ball Exercise
- Lie on the exercise ball in such a way that your back is arched over it. Your shoulders should touch the ball.
- Your feet should be shoulder-width apart, firmly placed on the floor.
- Place your hands behind your head. Raise your body, moving your chest up and slightly forward in a crunching motion.
- Your abdomen should feel the crunch for one or two seconds. Return to your normal position after a couple of seconds.
- Perform 2 sets of these exercises, doing 10 to 15 repetitions of the exercise in each set.
Bicycle Crunch Exercise
- Lie down on the floor and place your hands behind your head.
- Slowly lift your shoulders and neck off the floor.
- Move your left leg towards your right elbow and vice versa.
- This exercise should be repeated 10 times for both the legs.
Hanging Knee Raises
- You will need a pull bar equipment for this exercise. Hold on to the pull bar with both the hands.
- Pull yourself up with full energy, in such a way that your feet are no longer in contact with the floor.
- Your knees should be above your hips. Go back to your original position after one or two seconds.
- Lie on a bench with your feet crossed.
- Raise your legs and stop at a position when your thighs make a right angle with the floor.
- Move your knees in circular motion towards your chest.
- Lower your legs to your original position.
Russian Twist Workout
- Lie on a bench in such a way that the thighs and the torso are at right angles to each other.
- Keep moving from the left to the right without pausing.
Windshield Wipers Workout
- You need to rotate your legs to the left and then to the right.
- The position of the legs should be perpendicular to the floor.
- Repeat this exercise at least ten times.
Those of you who dream of getting six pack abs can turn their dream into reality, but you do need to put in a lot of effort. Follow the workout routines for abs religiously to get the desired results. It would be best to perform the exercises under the guidance of a trainer.