The importance of exercising is no longer a cloaked issue, but rather something that everyone knows about and takes seriously. However, in this run to improve our health and become fit, it is seen that no special attention is given to facial exercises. No doubt that when we exercise, just like the rest of our body, our face also benefits. But there are certain specialized exercises that have been developed to help specifically the face by improving its flexibility and helping to rid other common problems like sagging and wrinkles. One of the exercise techniques used for this cause is that of yoga facial exercises.
It has been studied and ascertained for a fact that individuals who do these facial exercises have younger looking skin that is free of facial skin problems like acne, wrinkles, and sagging and has a positively luminous glow to it. There are several exercises that will help you achieve this.
This facial exercise helps to firm the cheeks and reduce the chubbiness. Here’s how you do this one.
- Purse your lips and blow your cheeks till you can’t puff them anymore.
- Keep the air in firmly and move from one side to the other.
- Do this exercise while holding your breath.
- When you’re out of breath, stop and draw in breath.
- Repeat this exercise 3 – 4 times.
This exercise helps to firm the brows and reduce forehead wrinkles. Here’s how you undertake this exercise:
- Widen your eyes till you can feel a strain in your forehead.
- Make sure that you do not scrunch up your forehead in any way. It has to be absolutely smooth.
- Focus on a point in the distance without blinking.
- Hold this position for 10 seconds.
- Close your eyes and start all over again.
- Repeat 5 times.
Eye Puffiness Reducer
This exercise reduces the puffiness in the eyes and helps to reduce fine lines around the eyes as well. Here’s how you do it:
- Take the first three fingers of each hand and place them below the eyes in a straight line.
- Now, gently pull the skin down from under the eyes.
- While you pull, try and close your eyes against the pressure that is formed.
- Make sure you do not cause any damage, and only work till the point that the resistance is comfortable.
- Hold this position for 10 seconds and then release.
- Repeat 4 times.
Full Face Pose (Lion Pose)
This toning exercise provides for a full face workout, reduces toxins, and releases tension as well. Along with that, this exercise brings a glow to the face and makes a person look more youthful. To do this one:
- Take a deep breath through your nose.
- Now, squeeze the face muscles and tighten your fist.
- Hold for 2 seconds and then exhale through the mouth with pressure.
- While exhaling, stick your tongue out completely and make an ‘ahh’ sound for added pressure.
- Simultaneously, widen and roll your eyes and open your fists into open palms (imitating a lion attacking).
- Repeat 3 times.
This exercise not only helps to tone the jowl but also reduces the lines around the mouth and nose. Here’s how you do it:
- Suck your cheeks in and pull your lips together like a fish does.
- Pucker your lips and then hold tightly while trying to smile.
- Make sure the pull is felt all around the mouth.
- Hold for 10 seconds.
- Repeat 3 – 5 times.
And there you have it, these are some of the best yoga facial exercises that you can use for getting rid of all the problems that have got to do with facial muscles. Practice these on a regular basis and you’ll notice the positive change soon enough. And trust me, it’ll be good.